Tuesday 4 October 2011

Skills Audit : From AS practical work.



Not only did we learn about programming, but we have also learnt how to use the camera, looking at different angles, and shots that will create different atmospheres or send out different messages. When we edit we can fade in and fade out, creating a smooth link between clips, and even dissolves. 

From the AS year, I have developed many skills, from using websites I would have never knew how to before, to editing, which I have never ever experienced, and I would like to say I am now very good at it, and even using sound programmes, I didn't even know existed! Away from programming, I have also learnt how to work in a group, and understanding bonding and becoming familiar with each other, makes the group tasks easier, and decisions simpler.


Programmes I have learnt to use are FinalCut Pro, SoundTrack Pro, Handbrake, and Livetype, all very high-tech programmes which all contributed to make our simple 2minute thriller. Lots of programmes are combined to create a master piece, so we all had to learn these new skills which could apply/help us later on in the A2 year. Another skill I have developed is base tracking, learning the simple rules of music video editing, adding markers, cutting to the beat etc. These new skills will carry over to our A2 year, and help us tremendously in creating a music video to the best of our ability.

Working in a group just makes everything alot easier, as your not making big decisions alone, everyone can combine ideas, and come up with something greater than great. Especially when us as a group has a definate idea of what we want, and planned everything out clearly, filming will fly through.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment